What do you mean you run a ‘digital healing practice’?
A large part of my own spiritual journey has been to create a life that allows me to wander as often and as far as my spirit desires. In order to do this, I have made my practice completely digital so that I can connect from anywhere in the world. All sessions are conducted via video sessions on different platforms (such as Google Duo, Google Hangouts, and Skype) using the internet. I have a variety of different platforms to accommodate different internet speeds, depending on which country I’m in. There are times when internet speeds aren’t strong enough (on either or both ends) to sustain a video session, in which case, a phone session takes its place instead of a video session.
What are the benefits and drawbacks to distance counseling (counseling/coaching sessions conducted from afar, either online or over the phone)?
- Flexibility in scheduling. Without having to factor in travel time (as well as traffic, parking, and walking time), distance counseling allows for greater options in terms of scheduling. Additionally, without commuting, time and money are both saved
- Convenience. Distance counseling allows you to have your session in the comfort and safety of your own home, which has also been attributed to fewer cancellations as compared to in-person sessions
- Allows for sessions to continue under extenuating circumstances such as illness or travel
- Allows for greater privacy because it eliminates the opportunity to run into others in an office waiting room for example
- Allows for greater vulnerability and disclosure because you’re in a familiar setting, surrounded by things (including beloved pets) that give you comfort and a sense of well-being. Greater vulnerability and disclosure tend to lead to faster, beneficial results as well
- Technological glitches. Distance counseling primarily uses an internet connection, which can greatly vary based on many different factors (internet strength for myself and/or my clients, problems with the video chat platform, and even the weather)
- For those that are particularly energetically sensitive or somatically attuned, the lack of in-person energy exchange can be challenging. I have found this to be especially rare and the overwhelming majority of clients state that the integrity of the therapeutic relationship isn’t negatively impacted at all with distance counseling
- Potential concerns regarding confidentiality and privacy of information. Since sessions are conducted over the internet with distance counseling, privacy leaks and hacks are unfortunately possible. While I maintain the same ethical standards of confidentiality and privacy as I would in a traditional psychotherapy practice, I cannot ensure that any information sent over digital platforms is entirely secure
If upon initially working together either of us feels that distance counseling isn’t the right fit, I will happily provide a list of potential in-person practitioners within your city as an alternative.
What is the usual length of time with which you work with someone?
Just like the work itself, the length of time varies greatly. I have worked with some individuals for just a handful of times and others a few times a week for one or more years. The duration depends on many factors, such as what is being worked on, how much support someone needs and has access to, and how much change they are willing or able to entertain/manage at certain points in life. These are all things that we would consider together to decide upon the length and frequency of our work together.
It is also common to do a lot of work together for a certain period of time and then take a break or cut back so as to test out the things we have worked on/you have implemented. This gives an opportunity to see what is doing well and what needs a bit more care and attention.
How much do you charge?
This varies widely based on what modality and time frame we’re working with. There are different rates for counseling/coaching sessions, Shamanic Breathwork private or group sessions, and Angel card readings, and whether these sessions are 30 minutes to 3 hours. Please message me to inquire about exact pricing.
How is payment handled?
Venmo and Paypal